Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Update..

I can't sleep so I thought I should give you all on update. Dan and I were looking at pictures today and realized I started having symptoms in 2008. I had flare ups, but didn't realize they were and made excuses as if they were something else. Being a hairstylist and working long hours I figured I had issues with my legs because of that. I would try different workouts, but never stayed consistent with any of them so I figured that's why they still hurt and were stiff. I thought I had carpel tunnel and my forearms needed acupressure to be better. Everyone who has this disease has an acute flare up that can be deadly. Mine was October 15. It landed me in the hospital and I believe that was my body telling me to wake up and get better!

I am starting over. It's scary. I have gotten a lot of amazing messages from friends and family and people I do not even know. Thank you for all your prayers and please don't stop because that is what helps me get through each day!! It means the world to me that I am in your thoughts as you are all in mine everyday.

My mornings are usually ok, but by the afternoon my pain is horrible. I am getting more nauseated everyday and my eyes are still on and off blurry. Apparently, my medicine causes cataracts :( So hopefully next week I can get my eyes checked. Once I start my treatment tomorrow, I am hoping they will start lowering my dose of my medicine. They make me crazy and have horrible side effects, short and long term. I will be okay and I am so thankful I have all of you to share this crazy journey with! I couldn't do it alone.

3 comments:

  1. You are definitely not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all rooting for you Hay! Love you so much and we are all in this journey with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know EXACTLY what you are going through! I am a hairdresser too. And have a similar story as well. I was recently diagnosed with polymyositis. Are you able to still work As a stylist? How are you doing with living a normal life with this disease?

    ReplyDelete