Saturday, November 24, 2012

It is such a beautiful day outside! I went on a nice walk with my mom today. I used my walker and I was able to walk a little uphill. The sky was a beautiful light blue. As I was getting ready for my walk I looked in the mirror and I forget that I'm actually really sick. There is a permanent ring around my eyes and I always look tired. I pull my hair up to get it out of my face and I notice a bald spot. It's crazy how medication can change your features and hair.

I got some really good feedback on the TMA Discussion Board about the pain I was feeling. A lot of doctors don't realize that people with PM will experience pain and not only weakness. So until I get my immune system under control, which is the IV/IG that I will be getting for 6 months, I will experience pain and the burning sensation. That is a total bummer, but at least I know I don't have to go to the ER anytime soon! I'm really looking forward to going to the support group next Saturday as well.


1 comment:

  1. How lucky that you've found a local support group! I am sure they will be so very helpful.

    ReplyDelete